Saturday, April 30, 2011

Song Stuck In My Head This Week - 30th April '11 - Fleetwood Mac - Need Your Love So Bad

The last few weeks have been some of the best of my life. I've met someone wonderful and I'm very much in love. It's a wonderful feeling. This song just makes me feel so romantic, and is also an amazing song.

Most people when they think of Fleetwood Mac tend to think of the era from the mid-70's onward when Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham and John and Christie McVie joined up with Mick Fleetwood and released massively popular albums like 'Rumours'. However, many seem to forget the amazing stuff produced by Fleetwood Mac in the early years when legendary guitarist Peter Green was in the band.

Peter Green is one of the greatest guitarists of all time as well as being a great singer and songwriter. The band's fourth single release, the Green penned 'Black Magic Woman which later became a huge hit for Santana, was their first to hit the UK Top 40 singles chart. The follow up to this was the cover of the 1955 single by Little Willie John, 'Need Your Love So Bad'.

What makes the Fleetwood Mac version so good for me is how Peter Green oozes emotion out of not only his vocal performance but also his guitar playing. The combination is just magical.

I hope this song brings out the love and romance in you as it does in me and that you enjoy it!! Catch you all next week!!

Fleetwood Mac - Need Your Love So Bad

Need someone's hand to lead me through the night
I need someone's arms to hold and squeeze me tight
Now, when the night begins, whoa, I'm at an end
Because I need your love so bad

I need some lips to feel next to mine
Need someone to stand up - to stand up and tell me when I'm lyin'
And when the lights are low - and it's time to go
That's when I need your love so bad

So why don't you give it up, baby and bring it home to me
or write it on a piece of paper, woman - so it can be read to me
Tell me that you love me - and stop drivin' me mad
whoa, because I - I need your love so bad

Need a soft voice - just to talk to me at night
Don't want you to worry, baby
I know we can make everything alright
Listen to my plea, baby, come on bring it to me
'Cause I need - your love so bad
Baby, I need, I need - woman, I need your love so bad

No comments: