Saturday, August 1, 2009

Song Stuck In My Head This Week - 01st August '09 - The Beatles - Eight Days A Week

Currently, and unexpectedly, sat in a hotel in Washington. Got stuck overnight after pesky storms in New York meant my flight was cancelled. So taking advantage of the hotel's internet to get the blog done.

The song this week is quite simply my tribute to the 5-year-old son of my friends in Canada who had me sing this with him at least once every day when I was there....with compulsory hand claps. It really was a song I couldn't escape all week so no surprises it's stuck in my head.

The Beatles were, undoubtedly, an important part of the history of music as we know it and many bands and artists still cite their influence. Though others appearing in their wake may have 'done it better' (as many I know will argue), without The Beatles they would have had nothing to make them wan't to 'do better' in the first place.

Off to hang around the airport all day hoping for a good standby flight...wish me luck!! (oh and the video this week is just a slideshow thing as I have no speakers here and didn't want to gamble too much on something I couldn't hear....sorry)

The Beatles - Eight Days A Week

Ooh I need your love babe,
Guess you know it's true.
Hope you need my love babe,
Just like I need you.
Hold me, love me, hold me, love me.
I ain't got nothin' but love babe,
Eight days a week.

Love you ev'ry day girl,
Always on my mind.
One thing I can say girl,
Love you all the time.
Hold me, love me, hold me, love me.
I ain't got nothin' but love girl,
Eight days a week.

Eight days a week
I love you.
Eight days a week
Is not enough to show I care.

Ooh I need your love babe,
Guess you know it's true.
Hope you need my love babe,
Just like I need you.
Hold me, love me, hold me, love me.
I ain't got nothin' but love babe,
Eight days a week.

Eight days a week
I love you.
Eight days a week
Is not enough to show I care.

Love you ev'ry day girl,
Always on my mind.
One thing I can say girl,
Love you all the time.
Hold me, love me, hold me, love me.
I ain't got nothin' but love girl,
Eight days a week,
Eight days a week,
Eight days a week.

No comments: