Saturday, March 20, 2010

Song Stuck In My Head This Week - 20th March '10 - Stockard Channing - There Are Worse Things I Could Do

Musicals, whether on stage or screen, often leave people with songs they will remember forever and 'Grease' is one which seems to resonate more than most. If you think of 'Grease' then the chances are that songs like 'Summer Nights', 'Greased Lightning' or ' You're The One That I Want', but for me the song 'There Are Worse Things I Could Do' was always the stand-out song.

Of all the songs in the movie I felt it was the most 'real' with sentiments that I could relate to. How life isn't always easy and that sometimes you feel you have to keep up a front so that people don't realise your vulnerabilities as that's how they can get to you.

Also, the fact that the song is performed by the character of Rizzo - someone seemingly confident and that you'd not perceive to have too many hang-ups - helps bring the point home even more.

I hope you enjoy this weeks song and I'll catch you all next time!


Stockard Channing - There Are Worse Things I Could Do

There are worse things I could do,
Than go with a boy or two.
Even though the neighborhood thinks I'm trashy,
And no good,
I suppose it could be true,
But there are worse things I could do.

I could flirt with all the guys,
Smile at them and bat my eyes.
Press against them when we dance,
Make them think they stand a chance,
Then refuse to see it through.
That's a thing I'd never do.

I could stay home every night,
Wait around for Mr. Right.
Take cold showers every day,
And throw my life away,
On a dream that won't come true.

I could hurt someone like me,
Out of spite or jealousy.
I dont steal and I dont lie,
But I can feel and I can cry.
A fact I'll bet you never knew.
But to cry in front of you,
That's the worse thing I could do.


No comments: