Monday, March 8, 2010

Song Stuck In My Head This Week - 08th March '10 - Kenickie - People We Want

Hello all! Apologies for the lateness of this week's blog but I had the bad news on Thursday that I'm being made redundant so my mind has been somewhat elsewhere!

However music has, as always, improved my mood and I've spent a lot of time the last few days listening to songs from my youth and remembering happier times.

When I was in my late teens there was one person who was a particular idol of mine and I loved the music her band made. Nowadays Lauren Laverne is better known for her work on things like 'The Culture Show' and her radio show on 6 Music (and if you want to help save it go here for the facebook group with all the info) but back then she was the lead singer of the glorious Kenickie.

Kenickie made some really fantastic pop music and, as they were all only a couple of years older than me, it was stuff which I could really relate to. Over the years my love for the music they made in their far too brief career has stuck with me and can always make me smile and I believe that their albums 'At The Club' and 'Get In' should be in everybody’s cd collections.

From their first album 'Get In' is the track 'People We Want'. It's one of the slower tracks as opposed the feisty pop that they normally produced but it always sounds good in the sunshine to me and makes me smile just as much. I hope you like it too!!!


Kenickie - People We Want

She's eating lipstick and drinking champagne
She's dancing home
She is taking cocaine

All our lives
Rolled into one
All our lives
We watch them gone

She's watching telly in somebody's house
She's feeling smelly
It's time to go out

All our lives
Rolled into one
This life
Is taking too long

If we go home
What happens now
If we stay on
We could be
The people we want

It was a shame when the papers found out
Her real name
What the joke was about

All our lives
Now they are one
This life
Is taking too long

And happy hour had lasted all night
She thought for once
She had found someone right

Well its nice
To be loved by someone
This love life
Is taking too long

If we go home
What happens now
But if we stay on
Could we be
The people we want

No comments: